DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum!

Go Back   DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum! > DirtyEvo Main > Introductions

Introductions Please Introduce yourself noobies!

Old 02-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Squeaky Clean

Name: Corey
Drives: MK6 GTI, 92 Talon TSI
Default RallyX Hopeful from Michigan

Hi everybody. Name is Corey. I'm a first time DSM owner. I cut my teeth on old turbo dodges in high school cause I could never afford a DSM. Fast forward almost a decade and I'm a homeowner with a 3 car garage and stable career. I found a 1g AWD talon Tsi for a song and decided it was time to try my hand. She drove home despite the famed idle surge. Well I've replaced all gaskets and seals and bought new IC piping, couplers, maf translator, wideband. I hope to have her buttoned up in a few weeks. She's nothing pretty but I'm super excited.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161124_151203_1480018822541.jpg (59.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Owner|Admin

Name: Nathan
Drives: 1998 Evo V, 1991 Eclipse GSX, 2000 Montero Sport XLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebo1G View Post
Hi everybody. Name is Corey. I'm a first time DSM owner. I cut my teeth on old turbo dodges in high school cause I could never afford a DSM. Fast forward almost a decade and I'm a homeowner with a 3 car garage and stable career. I found a 1g AWD talon Tsi for a song and decided it was time to try my hand. She drove home despite the famed idle surge. Well I've replaced all gaskets and seals and bought new IC piping, couplers, maf translator, wideband. I hope to have her buttoned up in a few weeks. She's nothing pretty but I'm super excited.
Welcome to the site Corey and congrats on the 1G AWD! Sounds like you are off to a great start with those mods. How long has it been since the timing belt was replaced?

If it is still idle surging the first step is to test the ISC to see if it is working properly. Unbolt it from the throttle body and have a partner turn the ignition to on while you watch the ISC motor. It should twist out and then back in. If it doesn't move or just twitches, it needs to be replaced. After that set the BISS screw and do a boost leak, especially around the throttle body/intake manifold.
2014 Pan Am SCCA RallyX //// //// 1st place Modified AWD
Old 02-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Squeaky Clean

Name: Corey
Drives: MK6 GTI, 92 Talon TSI

Not too sure on the timing belt but its a planned item anyway. Thanks for the input on the ISC I'll give that a try as soon as I finish gutting the interior and relocate the battery. I'm currently fabbing up a bumper to properly mount my FMIC and maybe some fog lights. Truth be told I'm not too sure how long the 4g63 that's in it will hold up. It doesn't show any signs of weakness but I just have that gut feeling you know? Oh well if she goes than I can properly rebuild it. At this point if I get one good day of RallyX out of it I'll be psyched.