DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum!

Go Back   DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum! > DirtyEvo Main > Introductions

Introductions Please Introduce yourself noobies!

Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Owner|Admin

Name: Nathan
Drives: 1998 Evo V, 1991 Eclipse GSX, 2000 Montero Sport XLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroric View Post
Wow! Awesome! Thanks for all that info. I'll have to check some of these events out! :D

It'd probably be good for me to go volunteer, watch, and mingle with the people who actually do it then I'll know what to do for my project car when I get the cash to start one!

Thanks again!
No problem! I have all of those events posted in the DirtyEvo Calendar.
2014 Pan Am SCCA RallyX //// //// 1st place Modified AWD
Old 12-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Wash Me

Name: Josh
Drives: on curvy roads
Send a message via Skype™ to Kroric

So I went to my first RallyX event on saturday. It was up in Waynesville, OH took about an hour and a half to get there from my house so its not too bad of a trip. I didnt go to compete as my car is not setup for it at all. However it was a lot of fun. The track started out pretty rough and frozen but it only took a few runs before it all turned to mud. LOL Then the fun really began.

Sadly. I was the only mitsubishi in attendance though. Not even an old DSM was there. I was among an ocean of Subarus (with dirtyimpreza stickers), neons, 3 VWs, 2 Hondas, a tacoma, and an MR-2 lol. So as it goes at events I attend with few other mitsubishi people I was called "The Evo" all day. I eventually gave up trying to explain that its not an evo, my car is FWD, and naturally aspirated. The concept seems to elude them. Big wing must equal Evo... lol

It was a blast though. Im really hoping to get in on the action soon! I would like to get ahold of an old DSM to start participating with. But as it stands being a new home owner is slowly sucking away every dime I have so I wont be able to save up to get one for a while... Maybe I can run my 3g until I can save up for a 1g or 2g... We'll see. :)

2004 Lancer RALLI//ART
Old 03-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Wash Me

Soooo.... Im buying another Ralliart! :D This one is the same year except it is olive drab green (plasti dip) and a 5-speed. The auto was fun but its time to move on. IDK if many of you know Smike from EvoM but Im buying it from him, and before him it belonged to Otter. From my understanding this should be the current parts list:

Mods:
-Injen CAI
-Intake manifold ported by Wayne @ PPI
-PPI coated and ported exhaust manifold
-Downpipe w/o cat (have OEM as well)
-OEM axle back muffler
-OEM hyperground kit
-Brakes – StopTech performance pads
-Centric premium rotors
-SS clutch line; clutch restrictor deleted
-SS front brake lines
-Clutchmasters Stage 1 clutch
-Speedsource brass shifter base bushings and brass cable bushings
-SplitSecond piggyback fuel controller w/stock RRM tune
-Authority short shifter w/Greddy counterweight knob
-Megan Racing coil overs
-Progress 21mm rear sway bar
-Energy Suspension sway bar links front and rear
-RDD rear tie bar
-AMS front engine mount insert
-Dunlop ZI on OEM wheels
-Most interior dash/button lights changed to red
-Hella Supertone horns
-Stock Lancer tail lights
-Galant washer nozzles

Audio:
Alpine headunit
Front speakers – Infinity Kappa 6.5” mid-range drivers in door, 1” tweeters in a-pillars
Rear speakers – Infinity Kappa 6.5” full range
Main amp – Profile Clarus 4x100w
Subs – 2x Polk Momo 10” 4 ohm speakers, wired parallel for a 2ohm load, in sealed SubZero box
Sub amp – Profile Clarus 1x600w amp

And here is a pic:

I'll form a plan of attack when its at my house. But I know that the head will need work since timing jumped and bent some valves. Debating at this point whether to fix it to running. Or to go ahead and build it for boost. If i continue with boost I'll probably go ahead and try to get stronger internals while I have the motor out.

2004 Lancer RALLI//ART
Old 03-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Owner|Admin

Oh nice! Looks great! I know Smike, one of the Evo suspension gurus.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Wash Me

Yup thats him. He has this car's suspension setup pretty well already. So Im getting a pretty sweet deal just on suspension parts alone. Im thinking Im going to go ahead and boost the car. So the pan is to pull the engine, get the head rebuilt, reinforce the bottom end so I can go over 14psi and not worry too much. Collect the last bits of turbo things I need (oil drain, oil feed, 4 bar, wideband, couple of gauges, exhaust manifold, oil cooler) then put it back together.

Then I'll start swapping things over from the automatic RA like my rear strut bar, cusco power brace, black interior, evo gauge cluster, rear deck, battery relocate, and anything else that might be in better condition.

Other mods Ive thought about are: Brembo brakes, Wheels to clear said brembo's, wider stance, fender braces, mod my H brace to make it fit, put in my half sized radiator, bucket seat, aftermarket steering wheel, harness bar and harnesses. Im sure I'll think of some other things to do. But the first priority is to get it turbo'd and mix and match until Im satisfied.

2004 Lancer RALLI//ART
Old 03-22-2014, 03:34 AM
Mud Slinger

Name: Jay
Drives: 2011 Lancer GTS & 1999 Montero (Winter Package)

ha sounds like a good time!

//////////
Old 03-28-2014, 12:17 AM
Mud Slinger

Name: unitedterra
Drives: Evo

Welcome! (a little late) If you ever want to go to a rally, consider 100AW in Missouri (it's a 9 hour drive for me and totally worth it). It's a blast to volunteer at and watch... I'm hoping to be able to run it next year, but we'll see. Either way I'll be there, it'd be awesome to meet more DE guys!
Old 11-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Wash Me

My RA is down...

The timing belt snapped and after poking around under the valve cover I found that at least two valves are bent from what I can tell. I havent made a decision yet on what to do. Im trying to weigh somethings out and Im having a hard time.

Part of me wants to pull the engine from the green car that has the same problem, rebuild it with the turbo stuff I have and drop the engine and manual transmission into the white car with the coilovers, and continue building the RA. This method puts me out more money...

However another part of me knows that ive been complaining about wanting AWD for years now. So this part wants me to fix up the white and green car just to get them running again. And then sell all my mitsubishi's and pick up something AWD with whatever money I make off of them, and start all over fresh. This method puts me out of my beloved car, but into something with the hardware I want.

I love my car to death. But it doesnt have the essentials that Ive been craving... Im so conflicted. IDK what to do at this point... :/

2004 Lancer RALLI//ART
Old 11-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Owner|Admin

Aw that sucks! Having been in a similar situation, loving my FWD car but wanting an AWD... I would say go with the second option. Trust me, you will grow to love your new AWD car just as much (if not even more)!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Wash Me

I think I would only end up with enough money to buy a DSM or WRX. An Evo or STI would be out of the question I cant afford another loan for the next few years. Kind of afraid to go with a DSM most any ive seen around here are beaten to hell. And Ive never driven a subaru... Im rather partial to my Mitsubishis. LOL

2004 Lancer RALLI//ART