DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum!

Go Back   DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum! > DirtyEvo Main > Site Suggestions|Feedback|News

Site Suggestions|Feedback|News Have an idea that could make this forum better? Let us know!

Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Owner|Admin

Name: Nathan
Drives: 1998 Evo V, 1991 Eclipse GSX, 2000 Montero Sport XLS
Default Measuring Site Growth

I figured you guys might be interested to see if all the efforts going on around here are helping to grow the site. I know I sure am. So here you go!

My favorite thing to consider is User Activity. That is the number of unique, logged in, members that visit the site in a 24 hour day.

DirtyEvo.com was launched on October 12, 2009. The busiest time in the site's history based on User Activity was from October 2009 until February 2010 (by March it was already dropping off) with the highest number being 27 unique logged in members on December 9, 2009.

UA - Dec 09.jpg

After that it dropped down and averaged about 10-15 members per day from March 2010 until about June 2013 when it started picking up. We are now averaging about 15-25 members per day and we set a new record on July 5th with 28 unique, logged in, members.

UA - July 2013.jpg

Another field I find particularly helpful is New Posts. That is the number of actual posts in a 24 hour day. Again the site started off with a bang from October to December but by January 2010 the number of daily posts was already dropping quite low. The record was set on December 8th with 59 posts.

NP - Dec 2009.jpg

At it's lowest point the site was averaging 0-3 posts per day. It stayed low until it started picking up again in May 2013.

NP - Nov 2012.jpg

We set a New Posts record on July 4th with 71 posts and are currently averaging 15-30 posts per day.

NP - July 2013.jpg

However when you look at the results from a monthly standpoint, October-December 2009 was still the busiest time in the site's history.

NP - Monthly.jpg

The last thing to consider is new User Registrations. Looking at it Monthly the record growth was again October-December 2009 but June 2013 is the 4th highest month with 19 new members, so again we are seeing some growth.

UR - Monthly.jpg

Now, assuming you took the time to read this, you are probably interested in seeing the site continue to grow and are hopefully wondering what you can do to help. The biggest thing is simply to post! Don't just lurk. If you see something you can reply to or can contribute to, even if it is just and idea or suggestion to check out, or to say hi to a new member, do it! Post, post, post!

The second thing is spreading the word about the site. There are many ways to do this. You can tell people you meet at events to check out the site, you can pass out referral cards, you can share DirtyEvo's pictures on Facebook (on your own wall and in other group's walls), invite others though the Facebook page, you can have a link to the site as part of your signature on other Evo/DSM/rally forums, and you can wear DirtyEvo shirts to events and have DirtyEvo decals on your car.

I hope you guys found this interesting and hopefully are happy with the results but also want to see more! If you have any suggestions for things that I can be doing or that you would like to see please, please let me know!
2014 Pan Am SCCA RallyX //// //// 1st place Modified AWD
Old 07-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Filthy

Name: Charles
Drives: IX RS

I like stats.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Owner|Admin

Name: Nathan
Drives: 1998 Evo V, 1991 Eclipse GSX, 2000 Montero Sport XLS

Obviously I do too! ^
2014 Pan Am SCCA RallyX //// //// 1st place Modified AWD