DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum!

Go Back   DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum! > DirtyEvo Main > Site Suggestions|Feedback|News

Site Suggestions|Feedback|News Have an idea that could make this forum better? Let us know!

Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Mud Slinger

Name: Jay
Drives: 2011 Lancer GTS & 1999 Montero (Winter Package)

I will have to agree on ading the DSM as part of the forum. We must remember that few of the starting Rally cars for Mitsubishi was the AWD Starion who in fact was a DSM. Also, we can not forget the Galant VR4 used in Rally. Although the 2g eclipse/talon/laser DSM were not ideal for Rally, the 1gs were and still are used.

We call this DirtyEvo since it is what we have now, but we can not forget what started it all. Besides, this is a place for mitsubishi getting dirty in Stage Rally and/or RallyX.

//////////
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Owner|Admin

Name: Nathan
Drives: 1998 Evo V, 1991 Eclipse GSX, 2000 Montero Sport XLS

A DSM sub forum has been created! I also posted in a couple of rally threads on Dsmtuners letting people know.

The Calendar has been updated. I'm just trying to decide whether to keep it as two separate calendars for stage rally and Rallyx or to merge them into one for simplicity's sake.

I'm also in the process of updating the homepage. I added some new pictures from sno*drift and Tucson Rallyx. I'm also going to add pictures from the 2013 sandblast rally. Please take pictures of any Evo's or DSM's you see at rallies or rallyx's so we can keep the homepage looking fresh!
2014 Pan Am SCCA RallyX //// //// 1st place Modified AWD
Old 05-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Thompson Racing Fabrication

Name: Ryan
Drives: Vehicles

Nathan,
Everything looks great! The home page and all. Thank you for bringing some much needed revival to the site. I have just one small suggestion. If we are trying to bring in folks from other sites, and I think that's a good idea, we could consider a section for "Other" Mitsubishi's. *Caugh* Lancers *caugh*, Colts, Galants, Montero, etc. All have been used here and there for Rally type fun, but very likely none of them have enough fan base to stand on their own. Truthfully though, even still I'm not sure all of these "others" make up enough to have their own section. Maybe. I'm just putting out ideas.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Owner|Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFguy View Post
Nathan,
Everything looks great! The home page and all. Thank you for bringing some much needed revival to the site. I have just one small suggestion. If we are trying to bring in folks from other sites, and I think that's a good idea, we could consider a section for "Other" Mitsubishi's. *Caugh* Lancers *caugh*, Colts, Galants, Montero, etc. All have been used here and there for Rally type fun, but very likely none of them have enough fan base to stand on their own. Truthfully though, even still I'm not sure all of these "others" make up enough to have their own section. Maybe. I'm just putting out ideas.
Thanks Ryan! I appreciate any and all input! Positive or negative. Im really liking this site and want to see it flourish. I have some more things I'm going to be adding to the homepage later today. Plus I'm hoping that you will take some pics of your car and any other mitsubishi at the rally this weekend so I can add them to the homepage as well. I want to keep it updated and changing.

Under the "DirtyEvo Car Specific forum" we have the following sub-forums: Evo X, Evo 1-9, Ralliart 09+, Lancer, DSM, and General Mitsubishi. I can add to, rename, or remove these as needed. We can rename "General Mitsubishi" to "Other Mitsubishi", or even "Other Makes" to leave it more open. We can also add Montero or Colt sub forums but I don't think they would be used at all. I would suggest we wait and see if the need for them arises in the future.

I've started linking to the site in rally specific topics on evolutionm and Dsmtuners yesterday, as well as a local AWD forum to help get the word out. Expect referral cards in the near future to pass out at rally events, new decals being made, and I have a super cool t-shirt design that I'm working on that I think you guys are really going to like!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Mud Slinger

Name: Jay
Drives: 2011 Lancer GTS & 1999 Montero (Winter Package)

I would suggest renaming the "General Mitsubishi" to "Other Mitsubishi" since we do not know how often the other trims will be mentioned in this forum. Personally I am looking to getting a Montero but how often will others will be here? If it does start growing then it would be ideal to rename it in the future.

//////////
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Owner|Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
I would suggest renaming the "General Mitsubishi" to "Other Mitsubishi" since we do not know how often the other trims will be mentioned in this forum. Personally I am looking to getting a Montero but how often will others will be here? If it does start growing then it would be ideal to rename it in the future.
The forum has been renamed "Other Mitsubishi Models"