DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum!

Go Back   DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum! > DirtyEvo Main > Introductions

Introductions Please Introduce yourself noobies!

Old 09-25-2017, 10:55 PM
Squeaky Clean

Name: Nate
Drives: 1998 Eclipse GSX
Default Mitsubishi Enthusiast in RallyCross

Hello all,

I have been a been into Mitsubishi vehicles since 2005. I have been RallyCrossing for nearly four years now. Three of which were in my 1998 Eclipse GSX in Prepared AWD:

This current year, I have been competing in a 2006 Evolution IX also in Prepared AWD:

https://youtu.be/jycR_ISt2jQ

I have found some very helpful information here regarding RallyCross and want to thank those whom have contributed. I hope that I may also share some of my knowledge as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ec.jpg (30.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-26-2017, 12:13 PM
Owner|Admin

Name: Nathan
Drives: 1998 Evo V, 1991 Eclipse GSX, 2000 Montero Sport XLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gmitsueclipse View Post
Hello all,

I have been a been into Mitsubishi vehicles since 2005. I have been RallyCrossing for nearly four years now. Three of which were in my 1998 Eclipse GSX in Prepared AWD:

This current year, I have been competing in a 2006 Evolution IX also in Prepared AWD:

https://youtu.be/jycR_ISt2jQ

I have found some very helpful information here regarding RallyCross and want to thank those whom have contributed. I hope that I may also share some of my knowledge as well.
Welcome to the site Nate! It's not every day you see a 2g rallyx car, that's great! Where do you rallyx? Did the IX replace your 2g? What are your thoughts between the two on dirt?
2014 Pan Am SCCA RallyX //// //// 1st place Modified AWD
Old 09-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Squeaky Clean

Name: Nate
Drives: 1998 Eclipse GSX

I participate in the Detroit Region SCCA RallyCross program. The 2g was always an interesting car at the Rally events. The down sides to this car HID in the chassis and suspension. The chassis was quite sloppy, but did help in corning to some extent. The suspension severely lacked in travel and options for that matter. It spent 3 years on RallyCross duty before being retired. It always held its own in PA against the Subaru dominated class. The Evo was the next natural "evolution" of performance Mitsubishi ownership. The Evo is quite a change and rather unfair to compare to the 2g. It is very easy to drive. I can focus more on taking fast lines instead of "safe" lines due to the limited ride height of the 2g. Currently the Evo is a place holder for a 90 Laser RS PF build.

Last edited by 2gmitsueclipse; 09-28-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:04 AM
Dusty

Name: cody
Drives: Evo 8 MR

That video of the evo rallycrossing is awesome. That's one kool rallycross course!!
What's mods you have on the evo?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk