DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum!

Go Back   DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum! > DirtyEvo Marketplace > Vendor Reviews

Vendor Reviews Post up first hand experience vendor reviews. Keep it clean and informative.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Mud Slinger

Name: Eric
Drives: '03 Evo
Default Jack's Transmissions

Jack's made a believer out of me. They fixed my T-case, twice. When my case got the Death Whine, I had my sister drop it off at MAPerformance, she lives near them in the Minneapolis area. MAPerformance outsourced it to Jack's, who did a Stage 2 race rebuild using a hardened ring and pinion from MAPerformace. When I put case back in, I must have not had enough Diaqueen in it when I went a mile up the road and back, then added more. T-case had the whine the first time I got over 40 mph. Jack's asked me to please send it back, they wanted to look at it and fix it, my only cost was to ship it back.
I hadn't even heard of Jack's until I got my case back with paperwork. I checked out their site, they are in Colorado, and have plenty of experience with Evo's. I originally was going to go with TRE, but had a hell of a time getting in touch with Jon of TRE. Jack's was easy to e-mail with, fast on e-mail and turn around time with case. I couldn't believe they would fix my case AGAIN at their own cost.
Oh, and if anyone needs help taking out/puting in T-case, I'm an expert now.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Super Moderators

Name: Bren
Drives: Evo Rally Car, 2011 Outlander Sport SE AWC

That's nice to hear. I've heard of Jack's but it's rare to find shops that go the extra mile.

Dent Sport (DSG) are the same way. That's where I go for transmission work. More than willing to help a customer or even potential customer. Bill Washburn will spend as much time as need to figure out what needs to be done. We've fixed issues over the phone; Other shops would simply state "I really need to look at it, send it in".
Old 02-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Dusty

Name: Seth Mandich
Drives: IX

I've dealt with TRE and agree that Jon is hard to get a hold of but does good work!

I'm helping a friend rebuild his DSM tranny right now and it's nice to see that Jack's carries all the individual parts on their web site! My tranny is next as I think my 4th gear synchro is toast! Got to love being able to just replace the parts I need to without going to the dealership, spending an arm, a leg, and a testicle on every part! Thumbs up to you Jack's Transmissions!