DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum!

Go Back   DirtyEvo.com - The Evo and DSM Rally Forum! > DirtyEvo Discussion > Dirty Evo General

Dirty Evo General General Chat related to all Evos

Old 09-19-2017, 02:08 PM
Squeaky Clean

Name: Corey
Drives: MK6 GTI, 92 Talon TSI
Default I bought another Talon....

So I found this page after deciding to RallyX my old 1g TSI, well since then i bought a B13 Sentra SER stage rally car. I didn't listen to those who've been rallying for years and bought the cheapest and closest thing I could find. Well the drive train is solid, the suspension was quality, plenty of spares and rally tires. Cage only needs A-Pillar support Bars added for a new logbook... Well it was too good to be true as the A-Pillars were rotted out. So I got to work cutting, reinforcing and welding that is until this popped its pretty little head up for sale. I drove down from Detroit to North Carolina to grab it. She runs great, DMS suspension all around, minor engine mods and a solid block. Full cage running all the way back to rear shock towers. Gutted every last piece of unnecessary weight. I'll be giving it a shakedown at local RallyX events through the fall with the intention to compete at Sandblast Rally in the spring of 2018. My only real plans for it are fresh paint and some proper wheels. What does everybody think?

talon2.jpg
Old 09-19-2017, 08:49 PM
Owner|Admin

Name: Nathan
Drives: 1998 Evo V, 1991 Eclipse GSX, 2000 Montero Sport XLS

Looks great! I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your Nissan but I'm glad to see you back in a DSM! Is it FWD or AWD? I hope everything goes well with it at your upcoming rallyx events! I'd love to see some more pictures of this one. Keep us updated!

What wheels are you looking at getting?
2014 Pan Am SCCA RallyX //// //// 1st place Modified AWD
Old 09-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Squeaky Clean

She's AWD. For now I'm running the jeep wheels as they're strong enough and dirt cheap cause nobody keeps stock wheels on jeeps. Eventually I'll be buying some braid acropolis wheels. The car is well sorted and have faith it'll do well by me. The previous owner competed in sandblast earlier this year (pictured in original post). As soon as I finish my garage remodel it's getting some new paint and dash flocked.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:34 AM
Owner|Admin

Name: Nathan
Drives: 1998 Evo V, 1991 Eclipse GSX, 2000 Montero Sport XLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebo1G View Post
She's AWD. For now I'm running the jeep wheels as they're strong enough and dirt cheap cause nobody keeps stock wheels on jeeps. Eventually I'll be buying some braid acropolis wheels. The car is well sorted and have faith it'll do well by me. The previous owner competed in sandblast earlier this year (pictured in original post). As soon as I finish my garage remodel it's getting some new paint and dash flocked.
I didn't realize it had Jeep wheels on it, pretty cool! I've been spending a lot of time working on my garage recently too. Not remodeling, but organizing it and trying to get more space back. It seems that is always a battle, especially with two projects cars being worked on simultaneously.
2014 Pan Am SCCA RallyX //// //// 1st place Modified AWD
Old 09-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Dusty

Name: Sam
Drives: 1992 Eclipse GS 2.0

Was wondering if Paul got it sold or not. Glad to see it'll continue being used!
Old 09-29-2017, 05:02 PM
Squeaky Clean

Yep, reworking some non functioning items, cosmetic work, and sorting out some bugs otherwise my only problem is a lack of a proper car hauler. Maybe Santa will bring one...